Fruit Juice Business Plan in Nigeria – Starting Up a Fruit Juice Business
Business Plan for Fruit Juice Production in Nigeria – The production of fruit juice is one of the fastest growing businesses in Nigeria presently, even though a lot of people look down on it feeling there is little profit. Anyone will be right to compare fruit juice business to pure water business in Nigeria, it can hardly go wrong, there is huge amount of profit available to the business owner.
A major reason behind the success of this business is the fact that Nigeria is one of highest consumers of fruits and fruit juice worldwide, asides this, Nigeria is the largest fruit market in the whole of Africa. Studies show that with a substantial amount of investment in this business, the business owner is likely to rake in thrice the capital within a short period of time, all things being equal.
Surveys carried out in Nigeria show that at least 50% of the 180 million population consumes fruit juice on a daily basis. Little wonder why companies like Coca-Cola, Chivita, Leventis, UAC foods, etc. have grown very fast over the years, raking in millions of naira as profit in the process. Recently there was a ban by the federal government on the importation of foreign made fruit juices, this policy had a ripple effect on the profit of the fruit juice sector, causing it to practically triple. Undoubtedly there is a lot of profit to be made in this sector, as long as you are willing to be involved.
Also Read: Restaurant Business Plan in Nigeria
Prior to the government policy, the well-known La Casera apple juice was sold for forty naira, as soon as the policy was enacted, the price skyrocketed, presented it is sold at a retail price of a hundred naira. Sources have it that it takes roughly thirty five naira to produce and distribute La Casera to the end customer, even without calculation it is obvious that the business is seriously lucrative. This means that over this bottle of carbonated drink, the producers and distributors have been sharing sixty five naira profit, imagine what it will be like for fresh fruit juice which is healthier and more desirable.
The business is a high rewarding one as both the young and old enjoy fruit juice and will always patronize, especially when they need a cold drink to cool off after a hot, stressful day.
Reasons Why You Should Start Your Own Fruit Juice Business
There are a couple of reasons why you should indulge in this profitable business, some of them include:
- There are several desirable nutritional benefits. A large number of the population have no idea of the fact that fruits are a boundless pool of nutrients needed by the human body for proper functioning. Fruits contain several minerals and vitamins which are instrumental in providing balance to the human body metabolism, detoxification and ensuring the digestion process runs unhampered, asides many other functions. The best way to get the nutrients from these fruits is by taking their juices, this is a major reason fruit juices are very much desirable all over the world.
- There is a very high demand for fruit juices. It no longer news that Nigeria is the most populated Black Country, neither is it news that we love to celebrate. In fact there is no weekend that you would not find a celebration party around your location, if only you could count how many there will be all over the country on that day. At every of these functions one of the most requested drinks is fruit juice, this is asides the fact that on a daily basis several millions ensure that fruit juice is part of their diet.
- The raw materials are readily available. As you know it, Nigeria is tremendously blessed with natural resources, fruits inclusive. Fruits are cultivated all over the country in abundant measure, you have oranges, bananas, grape, lemon, mangoes, lime, pineapples, apples, pawpaw and many more. All you need do is find a farm that produces the fruit you need and you are in business.
- Government provides support both directly and indirectly to these kind of businesses. The federal government is known to set high tariffs for the importation of fruit juices and sometimes put a complete ban on it. This is done in a bid to ensure that the local industries will have a level playing ground and get the patronage they need to develop. There are also loans available to those that want to indulge in the business on a large scale, you can visit the Bank of Industry for more details on that. Government also views this as an avenue of channeling finances into other aspects of the economy as millions of dollars are spent on importation yearly, when we can simply produce what we need domestically.
- Your product can be a source of foreign exchange. Over the years Nigeria has depended on importation of most products for survival. With companies within the country beginning to produce their own fruit juice they can make efforts to sell to neighboring countries and other countries off the coast of Africa. It is simple, work hard to develop your brand, make sure what you produce is of excellent standards and you will be sure to cross the exportation bar.
How to Start a Fruit Juice Business in Nigeria
I am sure by now, after reading through the previous sections of this article, you are beginning to develop some interest in starting up this kind of business. The question however begs to be answered, how do you start? That is what I hope to answer in this section of the article, it promises to be educative as possible. Please note that it is just a guide, you will still need to find out what it entails in your specific location, of course tailoring your search to this guide.
Make an in depth study about the sector. A lot of businesses fail or remain at average level simply because the owners refused to take detailed study of the sector before venturing into the business. Taking a prior study helps the business owner understand the terrain of the business, understand through the experiences of others what to do and what to never indulge in, etc. There are several ways to educate yourself in this age, via the internet, books, or visiting a practicing business owner in your field and asking the necessary questions.
Choosing your niche. The study you have taken will guide you to choose what part of the business you want to indulge in or what kind of fruit juice you want to produce. Fruit juices are of different types, there is the regular fresh fruit juices, there is the smoothies and the fruit juice made from concentrates. The niche you choose will determine to large extent what kind of equipment you need and how much capital will be required for startup.
Write a detailed business plan. I will say this time and time again, any business without a plan is heading for the rocks. Regardless of the kind of business or the size of the business, it is imperative that you have a detailed business plan written down. The plan is what guides the business to the place of excellence and efficiency. It helps the business owner to have a detailed outline of how the business is meant to grow and thrive, in the case that the business owner is unavailable, it acts as a guide for the management personnel. The business plan also acts to convince investors, by giving them crude details about the profitability of the business and where it will be in the next few years. The business owner can also seek a loan from the bank by using the business plan. In reality the advantages of a business plan cannot be overemphasized. If you do not have the skill set to write your own fruit juice production business plan, don’t worry! We have that covered for you. We have a sample business plan for fruit juice production in Nigeria just for you!
To place order for this business plan, pay N10,000.00 to:
BANK NAME: FIRST BANK PLC
ACCOUNT NAME: CHIBUZOR TOCHI ONYEMENAM
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 3066880122
After payment, text your full name, email address and title (fruit juice production business plan pdf) to 07033378184. Your business plan will be sent to your email within 15 minutes.
Develop your unique recipes. It is okay to view other peoples’ recipes, but it is better to work on them to develop yours. This will give your business that unique feel and put you a step ahead of the rest. This stage requires you to do a lot of research and practice. You might need to give out free samples to people to help you determine what best suits the market. Creativity is key in this kind of business, you must be at the very top of your game.
Register your business. Since you are producing something for the consumption of man, it is necessary that you take the registration of your business with all necessary quarters seriously. There are several bodies that are empowered to supervise businesses producing food and drink in Nigeria. Firstly you will need to register with the country’s Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), after this you will register with NAFDAC and Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON). All this will make people convinced of the quality your product possesses and also keep your business away from avoidable embarrassment. Take time to research properly about the organizations in your location that are related to your business as well, register with the necessary ones promptly.
Get a good location for your business. One of the major keys to business success is the location of the business. For a business that produces fruit juice, you will definitely need a place that is close to the public eye, a place with a whole lot of human traffic. Probably a major road, close to a major intersection, the business area of the city or a mall that has a high patronage. Make sure the location is well accessible, attractive with very neat surroundings, highly secure and has good electricity supply. You should ensure that the place is not too far from where you get supplies, this will help reduce costs on delivery of raw materials.
Seek for suppliers. Except you decide to start your personal fruit farm, which will be capital and labor intensive, you need to search for suppliers. The best way to do this is find out from other fruit juice producers in your locality who supplies them and also be sure to find out the credibility of the supplier. Once you have a credible supplier, make a proper deal that will favor your business and make sure that all loose ends are tied.
Get your target market avenues. Since you are not planning to be the only consumer of the fruit juice you produce, it is imperative that you make proper research in your locality to find out where fruit juice is best sold. This will help you place your produce at the most viable target points, either shops or malls, or any other location you feel best.
Acquire the necessary equipment. Every business has specific equipment that are peculiar to it. These equipment are necessary for the blossoming of the business. Fruit juice business is not an exception, and it is important that the equipment are bought in bulk. This way you can enjoy the advantage of buying large quantities. Also ensure that the equipment bought are of high quality and tested durable. Some of the equipment needed include, fruit washing tank, industrial juicers or juice extractors, boiler, blending tank, filling machine, filter press, etc.
Publicity. This is one aspect of business that most businesses approach with a lot of laxity that is why most of them never thrive beyond the first stage or grow any bigger even though they have a great product or service. If you are planning for your business to become a global brand, you must invest wisely in publicizing it. There are several methods such as social media, fliers, posters, billboards, jingles, etc. Make sure your business attracts as many people as possible.
Raw Materials Needed for Fruit Juice Production
Some of the materials needed include:
- Fruits. This is the most important raw material as the juice to be produced solely comes from the fruits.
- Sweeteners. This is a major part of most fruit juice recipes and the most common sweetner for now is sugar.
- Preservatives. This will ensure that the juice lasts for a long period of time without spoiling. The popular preservatives include sodium benzoate, citric acids and sodium metabisulphate. Make sure the preservatives are healthy for consumption before using them to avoid unnecessary fatality.
In conclusion, you will agree with me that the fruit juice business is one that is very lucrative and is also not too capital intensive to start. All you need is a willingness and proper management ability, you will be making a great deal of profit in less than no time.
Get your own Sample Business Plan for Fruit Juice Production in Nigeria! To place order, Pay N10,000 to:
BANK NAME: GUARANTY TRUST BANK (GTB)
ACCOUNT NAME: CHIBUZOR TOCHI ONYEMENAM
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 0044056891
BANK NAME: FIRST BANK PLC
ACCOUNT NAME: CHIBUZOR TOCHI ONYEMENAM
ACCOUNT NUMBER: 3066880122
After payment, send your full name, email address and topic (i.e. Sample fruit juice production business plan pdf) to 07033378184. Your business plan will be sent to your email within 15 minutes.
Business Plan for Fruit Juice Production in Nigeria © www.businessplan.com.ng