Ice Block Production Business Plan in Nigeria
Have you been looking for how to make money from ice block production in Nigeria? If your answer to this question is yes, then you just hit oil. Ice block production is one of the most sought after businesses in this part of the world.
Africa is known for its tropical climate which implies that we are likely to get dehydrated as we move around daily. With so much thirst comes the desire for cold beverages, this is one of the reasons why we need ice block. Another major reason is the poor power supply in the country. As a result, we need ice block to preserve foods and ingredients.
What the above tells you is that there is a huge demand for ice block production in Nigeria. In this post, we will discuss how you can start this business successfully. Before this, let’s look at a sample ice block business plan.
Sample Ice Block Production Business Plan in Nigeria
This sample can be used for several purposes including grants, loans, and proposal submissions. It can also be used as a map to run your business. Please note that this is an abridged version of this business plan. You can get the full business plan when you contact us and pay a little token.
Business Name: ASB Ice Block
Business Location: Abeokuta, Ogun State
ASB Ice Block is an establishment that was set up to meet the high demand for ice block in Abeokuta, Ogun State. This location is known for incessant power outages which implies that there is a huge demand for ice block. The populace of this location is in dire need of ice block in commercial quantities for several purposes.
From hospitals to event planners, from the provision stores to the restaurants, ice block has become an essential commodity. This is why we are investing in a factory that can produce large quantities of ice block daily to meet this demand. Currently, we have a list of over one hundred clients who require our product.
To become one of the biggest producers of ice block, not only in Abeokuta but in the rest of Ogun State.
To establish several branches of our business in different parts of the country that can meet the increasing demand for ice block. This will center on speedy delivery, quality, pricing, and consistency.
Without specific objectives, a business is doomed for failure sooner or later. This is why we have come up with this list of objectives to set us ahead in this business.
- Ensure a constant increase in production that will ensure an increase in sales.
- Build a wider network that will reach customers beyond our locality.
- Constant availability of our product.
Keys To Success
Based on our vision and mission as well as objectives, we have carried out a lot of research. From our research, we deduce that we will need the following keys if we are to succeed.
- A team of committed and highly motivated staff.
- Top-quality machines to ensure that our products are the best in the State.
- Uninterrupted power supply.
- Cheaper production costs that will ensure that we sell more affordable products.
- An efficient distribution team made up of motivated professionals.
Quite a number of companies are already producing ice block in Abeokuta. This means that the competition is quite stiff. However, after much research, we have come up with a line of action that will ensure we have better patronage.
- Home delivery services.
- Excellent customer care.
- Unique and quality packaging.
- Engaging distributors.
- Prompt delivery of orders.
With these, we will be able to attain a favorable competitive advantage. This will set up apart from the other companies in this location, helping us to grow our client base exponentially.
- Constant supply of ice block to meet up with the consistent demand of the product. This will come from the fact that we will invest in uninterrupted power and quality machines.
- Prompt delivery of products based on customer orders.
If you will like to have the remaining part of this business plan, kindly reach out to us. You can get it at a subsidized fee. It is also possible to get a customized business plan for any of your businesses from us.
Why Invest in the Ice Block Production Business in Nigeria?
Many entrepreneurs have this question on their lips because it seems a bit unrealistic to think about the profit in this sector. However, a closer look at this sector shows that there is a huge opportunity for profit. This is because there are several reasons why ice block is in high demand in Nigeria.
Here are a few reasons why ice block production is a worthwhile investment for you.
- Weather and geography. Nigeria is right at the heart of the tropical region of the world. This means that we are directly hit by the sun, more than most parts of the world. What does this imply? Daily temperatures are almost always high in every part of the country resulting in dehydration. As people go about their daily businesses, they need cold water and beverages to quench their thirst.
- No doubt, most people can afford refrigerators and freezers in their homes. However, you cannot carry this equipment when going for external functions. Examples of such functions are weddings, parties, beach outings, etc. The only convenient way to keep your drinks cold in this situation is by buying ice block. Ice block provides you a more flexible option.
- Poor electrical supply. In most parts of the country, the electricity supply is erratic. Some locations have not had electrical supply in months. So how do they cope with the desire for cold items resulting from the prevalent weather condition? Purchasing ice block. Ice block is cheaper than purchasing a generating set for most individuals.
- Social events. It is no hidden fact that Nigerians like to party. Weekend after weekend, there is one party or another to attend. What is a party without cold drinks? The point here is that these parties need cold drinks which can only be provided by ice block.
Do you now see that this business is highly lucrative? You can earn a lot if you put your mind to it.
How to Start the Ice Block Production Business in Nigeria
By now, you must be aching for information on how to start this business. Since you have a clear understanding of why you need to invest in this business, let’s show you how to. You need five basic things to start.
- The key component of ice block is water so you must find a clean source of water. Even though it is very unlikely that the ice block will be consumed directly, they will be used for food and drink preservation. This is why your water must be hygienic enough for human consumption.
- Usually, ice block is slippery when handled. This is why it is mostly packaged in nylon bags. These bags can hold the ice block in its solid-state as well as when it melts. You can take advantage of the packaging to publicize your brand which is very uncommon with ice block producers.
- Ice block making machines are key to this business. The machines look like freezers only that they have a higher cooling capacity. In some cases, they come with molds into which you pour water. You can purchase locally fabricated or imported machines. Factors to consider when choosing your machines include:
- Production capacity. This varies in machines with machines able to produce 20, 50, or 100 blocks at once. As you can guess, the higher the capacity, the costlier the machine.
- Freezing time.
- Compressor capacity. This ranges from 1.5HP to 3HP. In some cases, the machine may have two lower compressors which add up to higher than a single compressor.
- After-sales support.
- Like we stated earlier, electricity supply in this part of the world is erratic. This means that you need a constant supply of electricity to run this business. Generators will help you solve this problem. Make sure that the generator you purchase can handle the capacity of the machines you have.
Profitability of the Ice Block Production Business in Nigeria
Is ice block production highly profitable in Nigeria? The answer to this question ten times over is YES. Let’s show you how in this section.
If you have a machine that produces 300 blocks daily, how much will you make?
One block is sold at N100. This means that 300 blocks will yield N30,000.
Assuming you take out the cost of production for that day which N10,000, you should have N20,000 left as profit.
Multiply N20,000 by 30 days in a month, that is N600,000. Do you now see how profitable this business is?
Now you know all about starting the ice block production business in Nigeria. We have also shown you a sample business plan. Why stick to a sample business plan when you can get the whole plan at a subsidized price. Reach out to us and pay a token to get the complete business plan for this business.
Get your Ice Block Production Business Plan in Nigeria and feasibility study. pay N20,000 to:
Bank Name: Guaranty Trust Bank (GTB)
Account Name: Chibuzor Tochi Onyemenam
Account Number: 0044056891
After payment, send your name, email address and “ice block production business plan pdf, ” to 07033378184
Ice Block Production Business Plan in Nigeria © www.businessplan.com.ng